Every day, we see firsthand how reading expands a child’s horizons. Our belief that all children should have access to books both at school and at home - leads us to participate in literacy initiatives across the nation.
Knowledge Universe® in the Community
Knowledge Universe partners with many outstanding organizations that provide and advocate for the physical, emotional and educational well-being of children. We are committed to supporting causes and activities that deliver significant social benefit and are important to our employees and to the communities we serve—communities like yours.
Early Literacy and Knowledge Universe
Because more children begin to learn to read in our programs each year than with any other organization, Knowledge Universe is proud to support early childhood literacy as a principal philanthropic focus. Every day, we see how reading expands a child’s horizons. Our belief that all children should have access to books – both at school and at home – leads us to participate in literacy initiatives across the nation. To show our support for early learners, we:
- Support organizations such as The Children’s Book Bank, Start Making a Reader Today (SMART) and Schoolhouse Supplies
- Partner with Oregon’s Doernbecher Children’s Hospital to deliver literacy and educational programs for patients
- Encourage parents to read to their children by creating Today I Will Get Lost in a Book, a free guide distributed via Parenting and Baby Talk magazines, and through libraries and early childhood literacy partners
- Support young readers by providing small mobile libraries to more than 40 individuals and communities
- Made early literacy programs in Boston, Chicago and Denver possible
- Delivered books and mobile book carts to schools in over 30 states
- Retrofitted six Los Angeles Public Libraries to better serve infants and toddlers
- Developed and donated over 40 small mobile libraries geared toward individuals and communities who support young readers
…And we’ll continue to find ways to contribute to local and national groups who share our dedication to early literacy.